9.28.2012

Absent

I know I've been MIA for quite a long time...a lot has gone on in my life over the past summer. A second (and last) try at IVF led to a second miscarriage. You really do start to learn just how much you can handle in life. For me, the biggest reason I got through it all relatively unscathed is God. I know He loves me and I know He's there for me no matter how far away He may seem at times...or how far I try to push Him away.

I decided I needed to get away to the one place I knew I could just 'be'. So I took my mom on a road trip to Canmore and Banff, Alberta. One of my most favorite spots in the world. There's something about the Rockies and turquoise waters that, when in their presence, help to renew your soul and heal you.

Many moments were spent just sitting somewhere quiet and gazing at the majestic mountains with my feet dangling in the perfectly cool, perfectly blue waters.

Here's a few from the trip...enjoy.

DSC_5260 DSC_5263 DSC_5267 DSC_5272 DSC_5281 DSC_5294 DSC_5302

This last one I took on my Blackberry 9700. I went on a hike by myself and didn't bring my camera with me. (Sometimes I like to just try to enjoy some moments without having to take a picture.) I just had to capture the beauty of this place. It was like finding a secret oasis (though not so secret judging by the amount of other people there). Still, it was such a reward and a treasure to see...

hike

I'll be back soon with a few more from my last wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment