1.24.2013

Happy New Year!

I know...a little bit late...

It's been awhile. But I think I'm finally starting to feel re-energized in the creative areas of my life. And I think I'm also finally learning to take the pressure off a bit. Everything doesn't have to be perfect! Just honest and real.

And so...I start a New Year with excitement for the creative freedom that is ahead!

I promise I have more posts coming and I'll do a better job of updating this blog, including new photography and perhaps adding in some more of my personal life and goings on in that area. We are in the midst of finishing our basement so I'll definitely share that along the way and when it's all finished.

For me though, I must keep those 'things' in perspective. Because they are just 'things' and yes, they make life a little more interesting and comfortable but in the end, they are still things. What matters more is God and family. So, my point being that I don't want 'things' to become the focus of this blog.

Speaking of God, he's been doing great things in my life lately. And so much of that is because I think I've finally...FINALLY am learning how to just give it all up to Him.

Also, we have another exciting trip to Ecuador planned with our church to visit our Compassion Canada sponsor children & their families again March 4th-12th 2013. We are extra excited to meet our new sponsor girl, Yinca!

I'll leave you with a new favorite song...Ho Hey by The Lumineers. You know when sometimes you just hear a song and you know you want to listen to it over and over? Yep, that's this song for me right now.


Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.
—Psalm 29:2




No comments:

Post a Comment